Wheelan Funeral Home, now Wheelan-Pressly Funeral Home and Crematory, has been serving Quad City families since 1889. That was the year Charles R. Wheelan, a Rock Island native, founded the funeral home originally located at 322 – 20th Street under the name C.R. Wheelan.
Growing business caused C.R. Wheelan to move three times before finding the location at 520 – 18th Street in 1920. In 2002, the Wheelan-Pressly Funeral Home in Milan was opened, and in 2007, the new larger Rock Island location at 3030-7th Avenue was completed. In 2009, the funeral home in Reynolds at 801 W. Edgington Street was acquired, allowing Wheelan-Pressly to better serve the southwest Rock Island County area.
In 2015, the former Knox Mortuary, located at 2106 7th Ave., Rock Island , which had served the community since 1841, was added to the Wheelan-Pressly Funeral Home operation. After the addition of a crematory at this site and much renovation, the building is now known as the Knox Chapel of Wheelan-Pressly Funeral Home and Crematory. This building with its formal chapel was opened in 2016.